Friday, May 24, 2013

All Linked Up for Style Me Friday!

Image via The Fashionista Next Door
Welcome to another edition of "Style Me Friday" hosted by The Fashionista Next Door. This week's inspiration was "Seeing Double (Denim)." Now the original inspiration is posted above. HOWEVER--when I thought of a Denim inspiration, of course I thought of Bajan-beauty Rihanna.  Rih-Rih has the denim style game ON LOCK. To me, no one has matched her fly. Take a look:

Image credits (L to R): 1, 2, 3



 With that said, I decided to put a twist on this week's Style Me Friday ( Eboni--I hope that's okay!).
Source: Rihanna photo
I had so much fun with this look! Usually I don't show THIS much skin--but when you're channeling your inner bad-gal, skin is your best accessory.

Outfit: Skirt-H&M/ Vest-Old/ Shoes-DSW

Denim on denim screams "Classic 90's flava" to me, so I decided to add my FAV nameplate that I've had since high school. I wanted to go all out and add my bamboo earrings  too--but one earring broke. I swear I need to organize my accessories properly. Maybe I need to scour pinterest for ideas.



                              Ha! I ran out of poses. So I was like "Wait. Let me add a bag."


Now I know the "in-thing" right now is the Chambray shirt. But I haven't found one that looks good on me. I love seeing how other women style it, but right now, it's not something that I see myself rotating within my outfits. But honey, I see myself wearing this vest a million and one different ways! I'll style it with a maxi dress, maxi skirt, jeans, etc. 


                                         Are you a fan of the denim on denim retro look?


10 comments:

  1. Super cute, there's no way I could pull that look off with my mid-section showing, I wish!! Love the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! There was a whole lot of sucking it in..LOL!

      Delete
  2. I like the vest. This was actually one of my options when putting together my fit. Great minds huh? :-) Have a great weekend!

    Mo
    Who is that girl Mo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Monique! Yes, this vest is my new go-to! Heading to your blog now! Enjoy your weekend as well!

      Delete
  3. I love this look - especially the vest and the hair!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...