Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mom Tales: Losing the baby pooch

 So today it happened. I put on one of my favorite black and gray stripped jersey shirts from H&M and nearly collapsed at what I saw. No, it couldn't be I said to myself gasping at my reflection. Yet there it was, my dreaded baby pooch. I nicknamed it my kangaroo pouch which used to be under control--until now.  
Surprisingly, after the birth of my son I lost ALL of my baby weight and then some. I was pretty proud of my new mommy body. While the weight was gone, I never lost my pooch. Although it bothered me, my actual weight was in a good range, so I never did anything about it. I'm not the biggest fan of spanx (it's a little uncomfortable to me) so I just let it be. BUT NOW-OMG! In the mighty words of Tamar Braxton--"That Ain't Hot!!" 
 
Something has to change. I'm noticing my weight gain isn't going anywhere but to my pooch. UGH! My culprit over these past few months have been chocolate chip cookies, ice cream and also my lack of exercise. I'm very disappointed at my lack of control and right now I'm feeling very down. Well I guess that will be my motivator to stop snacking and get back on track to actual doing something to lose my tummy. Spring is upon us and I'm not one to shy away from showing up and out in my wardrobe choices. 
Did you have any trouble losing weight after having kids? How did you go about getting your body back?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...