Saturday, March 9, 2013

And Winter Marches on......

  I was in for a surprise this morning when I pulled back my bedroom curtains--MORE SNOW. Now usually, I'm the biggest kid around when it comes to snow. As an official winter baby, (my b-day is in January, plus, I was born during a snow storm) so normally I'm filled with glee at the sight of the white stuff. But today...oh today was NOT one of those days. I quickly jumped out of my bed, turned on NY-1 and prayed for school closures. No such luck.




"Mmm..ma..ma...ma..ma"

I turned my head and glanced at my little munchkin giving me the widest toothless smile from his crib. I realized I'm in for a long workout since I have to push him in his not-made-for-snow-stroller in what will for sure be a messy commute.

As we exited my building and made our daily morning journey to daycare, my son Kaden was trying to capture the snowflakes that easily made its way through his wind cover and landed on the tip of his lip. He giggled and touched his face. It's moments like this one that I wish will last forever. But alas...my baby boy is growing up. Yep he's turning the big ONE in the next few weeks! My how time flies. As I bend down and scooped up the gloves and blanket that he threw out of his stroller, it's my turn to smile.

How do you handle traveling in the snow with kids?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...