Monday, April 1, 2013

Where have all the Jeans gone?

 
 
 
White Denim 
 
So this weekend I haphazardly decided to go jean shopping. BIG Mistake. I told you recently that I gained a few pounds (here) but for some reason I was on a mission to find a decent pair of skinny white jeans. 
I scoured high and low...well not really..but I did venture to my usual jean spots..ie...Charlotte Russe, Mandee, American Eagle and H & M. What I noticed was that most of today's jeans are more-so jegging, ankle, crop-style and extremely TIGHT. Now I'm not old yet, but what happened to the basic denim jean with some stretch. I was in the dressing room with my son, squatting, tugging and trying to suck in my gut to fit in today's style...but I gave up. I don't really like my jeans to look "painted on" nor do I like the look of every lump and bump showing. I'm a little more modest. I want jeans that hug my curves, cover my ass and make me look good. Is that too much to ask? 
 
My issues are that I'm tall (about 5'8 so I need length), small waist, thick thighs and hips, but I'm also not trying to spend an arm & leg on some denim. So what's a girl to do? I tend to like on-line shopping, but like most people, my size changes depending on the brand--and some brands only exist online, (ie Forever 21+) so I've yet to try them on. Plus--return policies can be a little tricky if an item doesn't fit. 
Do you have a denim struggle? For my curvy ladies, where do you jean shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...